Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012 Exhibition


January sees our guild busily preparing for our annual exhibition.  This year it was in a new venue - the Kerikeri Primary School Hall.  Larger and brighter, it certainly gave us more room to stand back and view the quilts.  It was also a smaller exhibition this year than usual.


My little darlings couldn't resist sneaking into a couple of shots - sorry!  I hope you enjoy having a virtual tour.  I daresay I've missed a couple of pieces here and there and apologies for that.






I took a close up of this one to show the beautiful cream-on-cream machine embroidery.















This dinosaur quilt is our delightful second prize for our raffle.  This was won by Sue Berquist, a member's sister.  First prize (below) was won by Robin Boud of Kohematama - congratulations!





Our merchant this year was The Country Yard and I was going to get a picture of their lovely bunting - but seem to have missed it.  I probably got too caught up in looking at all their lovely merchandise.  Many thanks Kerryn and friends for putting up a great stall.

Hope you enjoyed the show and here's hoping we are able to use the same venue next year and we have a bigger number of quilts to fill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment