In the November Newsletter we detailed “requirements” to enable you to exhibit your quilts and related items in January. Remember you can get the forms and cards from Imogen or she can get them to you. Just phone her up, her number is on your membership list.
NOTE: - SET UP:
Kerikeri and Surrounding Members - You will need to arrange delivery of your items to Kingston House on Thursday 13th January BETWEEN 1 PM AND 2 PM.
Whangarei Members – You will need to deliver your quilts to Dianne or Leonie no later than the evening of Wednesday 12th January.
Kaitaia Members – You will need to deliver your quilts to Beatrice no later than the evening of Wednesday 12th January.
NOTE: - PICKUP: You will need to arrange pickup of your items from Kingston House on Monday 17th January just AFTER 4 PM (no earlier).
!!!!Also please call Daryl if you can help on any Exhibition days!!!
Remember your raffle tickets. Post off butts and payment to Imogen asap if you are not going to make it to the exhibition.
for presentation at 22nd February 2011 Meeting
A FEW REQUIREMENTS
· SIZE: Block can be any size up to 12” square.
· PATTERN: Your choice. It may be a block of a current project, a new project or even a left over block from an old project! (You will be able to take it home afterwards.)
· THE CATCH: Preferred (but not essential) would be a block of a known “Title” e.g. Flying Geese, etc.
· ATTACHMENT: Attach, either written or typed on a piece of paper, either or both of the following, whichever suits your project:
- the meaning or history of your chosen design (but not the name. You will reveal the name of the block to Imogen, Shirley or Ingrid only, on arrival on the 22nd February.)
- your inspiration or reason for choosing the block presented. (Have the name for the block but reveal the name only to Imogen, Shirley or Ingrid on arrival on the 22nd February.)
Please do not add your own name to your block – you will know which one it is when you collect it!
Find out what happens next at the February meeting!!!
First Meeting 2011 –
Tuesday 25th January at Margaret's in Kaitaia
Once again Margaret is generously opening her (new) home to all members for the first meeting of the year. She has moved house and we have provided a map in your last newsletter and a list of things you need to bring including the mystery project -
Time: 10 a.m. (If you arrive earlier Margaret will appreciate help to set up).
Lunch: Please bring a plate for a shared lunch.
Seating: Bring your own seat as Margaret doesn’t have enough seating.
Mystery Project: - 4 ½ inch squares fabric (couple of dozen squares approx.) - any colour
- Sewing thread - three or four colours - any colours
- Offcuts of thin batting - 4" or bigger
- HB pencil
- Sewing kit
I hope you have all had a safe and happy Christmas and New Year's. Here's hoping 2011 is a great one for all with many hours of quilting and some fabulous finished projects.